WELCOME TO THE HIGHLAND GREEN
Maximum Design. Minimal Impact.
Highland Green is a Gold LEED-certified building in the heart of the Cherokee Triangle. It represents the future of construction in Louisville—as well as an enormous commitment to sustainable business practices from Highland Cleaners and Doric Real Estate.
Green building practices were considered in every step of the design and construction process for Highland Green. It has been awarded Gold Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, making it one of the highest rated LEED buildings in the country. The decision to build green seemed natural when considering the location in one of Louisville’s hippest urban scenes. The idea of replacing a former gas station brownfield with a beautifully-designed green building that fit into the historic red-brick neighborhood is a perfect symbol for the new Louisville.
Highland Green is located at 1401 Bardstown Road, Louisville, Kentucky 40204
The Gold LEED Certified Building Features:
- Energy Efficient Shell including extremely energy efficient windows
- Rooftop Solar Farm
- Green Roof
- Geo-thermal HVAC System
- Wall of Ivy “Greenscreen” provides added insulation and literally makes building green
- Water Run-off Retention System feeds the ivy that grows around the building
- Low-flow Water Toilets
- Automated HVAC & Lighting Controls
- Non-Heat Island Effect materials in over 70% of square footage
- Recycled and Local Material Sourcing
- Commitment to Recycling during demolition (97% went for recycled use) and construction (80% of all debris went to recycling centers)
- Materials within the building’s sealed envelope selected to avoid any off gassing of dangerous materials
- HVAC system changes out air 15 times per hour
- Bike Racks
- Electric Car Recharging Station
Watch and Learn More about the Highland Green’s Eco-design.
Construction Time Lapse